The Dallas Cowboys were able to bounce back at home this last Sunday and get back in the win column and improve to a 2-1 record… The game this Sunday against the San Diego Chargers was an exciting one as the Cowboys went into it after winning six of the nine meetings with the Chargers since their first match up back in 1972…… However, the Chargers handed us a heartbreaking loss…
The win for this week though was Sherry’s Kitchen. This week I tweaked a house favorite… artichoke dip into Artichoke Bread….the recipe is essentially an artichoke dip that is baked inside a loaf of French or Italian bread that becomes an ooey gooey and cheesy good treat….
• 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
• 1 (10 ounce0 package of frozen spinach, drained and chopped
• 2 green onions, sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
• 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
• 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced in half lengthwise
1. Mix the artichoke hearts, spinach, green onions, garlic, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, mozzarella and parmesan reserving some of the cheese.
2. Hollow 1/2 an inch out of the center of both halves of the bread.
3. Spread the mixture into the hole in the bread slices and top with the reserved cheese.
4. Bake in a preheated 350F oven covered in foil for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and golden brown.