The Texas Work Force Commission named Presco its small employer of the year on Thursday, November 29, 2018, in Houston, Texas.
“To be nominated is quite an honor so congratulations to all of you. And to my PRESCO team, I thank you. They are the ones who do all the hard work and create innovative programs to help employees in training and make their lives better, and that’s what we exist for – that is our purpose. I am very excited and honored to share this award with my fellow employees at PRESCO.” Joe Hardt, owner of Presco
For nearly a decade, the Texas Workforce Commission has named one small employer of the year and one large employer of the year for the entire state of Texas, and this was the first time since 2012 that a local business has won. There are 28 workforce boards in Texas, and each one is allowed 1 vote from their area. Out of the 28 nominations around the state and over 500,000 small employers among the potential nominees, Presco walked away #1 in the Small Employer category this year.
Just a few of the many accomplishments highlighted during this award ceremony included Presco’s contributions to the Advanced Manufacturing Program and their commitment to developing future workers; tuition assistance for employees; onsite family healthcare clinic that provides free care to all employees and covered dependents; and monthly donations to assist local community organizations to continue their beneficial work.
“We want people to know they aren’t just getting a job with us, but we are providing them with a great opportunity to have a career with a life-long employer that offers excellent benefits to our employees” says Joe Hardt, owner of Presco.
When news of the award filtered through the company’s email directory, the collective excitement from employees nearly broke the intranet. It is apparent from the responses below that Presco not only meets the needs of their employees and the community, but they exceed them as well.
- Obviously, Our Last Best Place To Work – and apparently everybody else’s best place too! –John Burns, Director of IT
- This is just awesome!! Team Presco!! – Frenzetta Speed, Accounting Coordinator
- So proud of EVERYONE here at Presco! Great leadership develops great people!- Bill Smith, Key Account Manager
- That’s amazing!!! Proud to be a Presconian!!!!- Aaron Cook, Extrusion Operator
- It is truly wonderful to be associated with such a great group of people. Looking around at our team, which act more like a family to get together to get over the hurdles of our day to day, it is easy to understand why we are so fortunate. Thanks to everyone, I am so proud to work with all of you. – Terry Steele, Facilities Maintenance Manager
For the official press release statement, visit the Texas Workforce Commission’s website here.