With the recent developments surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, Presco understands that necessary precautions must be taken to protect those in our community. This is why we have a dedicated team of individuals regularly vetting news and media update’s concerning the virus and sending us up to date information and public announcements. We also have stringent protocols in place, ensuring the safety and security of our employees in an effort to assist in the mitigation for transmission of the illness.
WHAT WE KNOW
- Per the CDC, the chance that most people will contract the COVID-19 virus is thought to be low. Individuals with a higher risk of contracting the disease are those with compromised immune systems and older adults.
- The government and CDC are taking every precautionary measure available and are continuing their efforts to combat the virus. Below are just a few data points that we have put together to keep our partners informed.
- Closing all necessary borders for travel.
- State and local authorities are opening up drive-by testing centers throughout the United States. For more information from your local health officials in regards to testing locations, visit the CDC’s public gateway HERE.
- S. Citizens returning from other countries within the past 14 days are being monitored and quarantined for up to 14 days
- Nursing homes and Assisted living facilities, as well as hospitals, have limited or halted visitation.
- Gatherings have officially been limited to 50 people at one time, but our government has suggested no more than 10 people should be gathered at one time.
- Phase 1 of clinical trials to evaluate a vaccine has begun at Kaiser Permanented Washington Health Research Institute in Seattle. The trial will occur over the course of 6 weeks, and the first participant received the vaccine on March 16, 2020. (Source: National Institute of Health)
- Most importantly is to KNOW THE SIGNS & SYMPTOMS of potential contraction of COVID-19 and WHAT TO DO NEXT.
When it comes to our community, our employees, and our partners, Presco wants to make sure you have the most credible resources and the most accurate information so that you can make well-informed decisions. Follow us on social media or reach out to your National Account Manager as new information arises.