There is a multitude of resources being distributed to the general public that do not accurately represent factual data related to the COVID-19 virus. Presco is here to provide you with accurate, reliable and current data concerning the 2020 Coronavirus.
Below is a collection of reliable resources you can trust. Information ranging from COVID-19 symptoms to look for to proper handwashing techniques is available.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers a comprehensive website with information such as:
- How to protect yourself
- What to do if you think you are sick
- Disinfecting your home
- Cases in the U.S. by state
- Travel resources
- And much more
They also offer this Factsheet: COVID-19 and You, and well as ‘Cases in the United States,’ which includes statistics on cases, deaths, information by state, and more. The site is updated regularly at noon, Monday – Friday.
Since one of the main ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is thorough hand-washing, the CDC also presents the handwashing tutorial, Handwashing: Clean Hands Save Lives.
Thankfully, there is no shortage of information available from the U.S. Government.
Rely on govinfo.gov for the latest legislation and Presidential documents concerning COVID-19.
Here are some additional reliable resources.
- MedlinePlus information on the Coronavirus
- The White House’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America
- Resources from the National Institutes of Health on the Coronavirus
- Clinical trials for the Coronavirus
- Information on Coronavirus for pregnant women and children
- Government Response to Coronavirus:
- S. Department of State information for Travelers
- S. Food & Drug Administration on COVID-19
- S. Environmental Protection Agency on COVID-19
- S. Department of Agriculture on COVID-19
- Coronavirus Scams from the Federal Trade Commission
- S. Department of Defense Response to the Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Tax Relief from the Internal Revenue Service
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Impact to the Transportation Security Administration
- Federal Aviation Administration Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
If you work in one of the 1,119 Federal depository libraries across the Nation, patrons are in search of information on the Coronavirus. Here are some resources that can help that are available through the Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (CGP).
- CDC Protects and Prepares Communities
- What to Do If You Are Sick with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- What to Do If You Are Sick with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Spanish.
- What to Do If You Are Sick with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Chinese.
- What You Need to Know about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- What You Need to Know about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Spanish.
- What You Need to Know about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Chinese.
(Source: The U.S. Government Publishing Office: Government Book Talk)